In 2018 I was very pleased to accept the role of Head Judge. The fee I earned as Head Judge I donated to EY Foundation and I also arranged they be the sponsored charity on the evening of the awards. The association is that immediately preceding the awards, I had completed a fundraising walk to Annapurna Base Camp for EY Foundation.
I passed on the baton of Head Judge as I believed it important to i) give others the opportunity, and ii) to keep fresh ideas injected into the contest. My personal achievements were to:
- refresh the award categories
- introduce new personal award categories
- arrange for Margot James MP then Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries to be the keynote speaker. I am grateful to Richard Merrin MD of Spreckley Partners Ltd for his assistance in making those arrangements
- grant and establish a tradition to award Honorary Membership to Cloud Industry Forum for the winners of the personal award categories
- to raise a good sum of money for EY Foundation
A memorable evening. Notably one of the personal award winners went on to be headhunted into a big role in one of the world’s leading software companies.